Tuesday, May 26, 2009

The Art Gallery/house/shop

In assignment three we are asked to design an art gallery for an art dealer in new town Sydney, which is a moder open-minded artistic area of Sydney. After site seeing, I picked the site 1, which has Franklin existing at the moment. We decided to study the surrounding buildings, thew stricture, the ski lights, we did a site analysis, figuring out where the north, east,m south and west is. Studies the buildings and style next to and adjacent to the building. We also enjoyed strolling around the area to get the feel of the place.
After quite some consideration I decided to choose site one, I think it was perfect for my art gallery and it also apposed some challenges which I was quite eager to try and solve, after all, its part of been a good architect.
Now, do I want something modern or something simple that respects the heritage and style of the old buildings of new town. A class discussion was raised and although I understand the idea of keeping the buildings facade decorum to the opposite buildings I thought to my self, Do I want to make a difference in the street, do I want to start a trend, do I want a make a bold statement? the answer is.. YES.

No comments:

Post a Comment