Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Go see an art gallery! okay! I will! :)

I decided to go view a few art galleries, in total Ive seen six contemporary art galleries, I was very careful to note down how they have made use of the natural light and positions of the walls, were they blocking harsh light, were they there for the purpose of circulation? one thing I found in common to all of them is that they were simple, and white. I found that nice but Little boring, also the cliche of the warehouse..there's gotta be a better way. I also studies how some galleries had other levels above which could have shield the light and I carefully looked to see how they had places windows and sky lights. It wasn't long until i started to wonder around the gallery and see where it would take me...the circulation..was it doing its job, what was doing that..the walls? the paintings..I was consciously aware of that as I wondered. I didn't take photos, but mental notes.

No comments:

Post a Comment